ACT on Alzheimer’s Edina
About Our ACT Community
The Normandale Center for Healing and Wholeness and the Edina Senior Center partnered to establish the Edina ACTion Team in 2014, and they continue to co-lead the effort. A strong network of more than 20 social service agencies, faith communities, housing and health care providers, businesses, and local government participate.
Snapshot of Activities
- Surveyed community about the strengths and gaps in Edina and analyzed the results.
- Identified two key priorities: increase awareness and education for the community and improve caregiver supports.
- Trained 45 Hennepin Country Librarians on dementia-friendly practices.
- Host ongoing educational/interactive Dementia Friends Information Sessions in partnership with eight organizations.
- Working to engage businesses to participate in dementia training.
Resources, News and Events
To Stay Informed
December 12, 2014 Community Meeting (Slides)
ACT on Alzheimer's Edina Volunteer Opportunities (September, 2015)
Action Community Team Contact