Redwood Falls ACT on Alzheimer's
About Our ACT Community
Redwood Falls formed an ACT on Alzheimer’s Action Community in 2014. Its large volunteer base made participating in ACT a natural fit for many area professionals who are working with people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and dementia, as well as family caregivers. As recruitment for the ACTion Team continues, community sectors being sought include local government and legal and financial professionals.
Snapshot of Activities
- Developed “Community Resource Guide” and “Please Be Patient with Me” card and distributed them in Redwood Falls and throughout Redwood County. Distributed 100 Resource Toolkits to businesses, faith communities and organizations.
- Make regular presentations on morning radio show, wrote a monthly newspaper article and distributed email newsletters to raise awareness and educate about dementia.
- Caregiver Support Group meets monthly at local coffee shop.
- Offered Dementia Friends Information Sessions to church group, extension club, senior citizen group and at local library.
- Provide in-person dementia training and ACT resources to health care providers
In the News
Visit Me: How to Communicate with People Living with Dementia
March 24, 2015, Redwood Falls Gazette
Action Community Team Contact