ACT on Alzheimer's Becker
Community Action Priorities
- Train community volunteers to deliver dementia education
- Offer information/education to local businesses, the community and family caregivers
- Hold community-wide dementia awareness week and monthly lunch and learns
- Collaborate with schools to educate youth
About Our ACT Community
The Becker Area Senior Center took the lead in forming the Becker ACTion Team in 2014. The team has representatives from senior housing, financial/legal planning, senior center, senior service provider, business, and local government, as well as community members.
Snapshot of Activities
- Offer Dementia Friends Information Sessions.
- Trained employees of local businesses to be dementia friendly.
- Established Alzheimer’s information libraries with books for family caregivers in two Becker locations.
- Trained officers in the Becker Police Department through the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Alzheimer’s Initiative training.
Resources, News, and Events
To Stay Informed
Glen Campbell: I’ll be me screening held June 14, 2015 (flyer)
Action Community Team Contact