Sauk Rapids ACT on Alzheimer’s
About Our ACT Community
After holding several ACT on Alzheimer’s convening meetings that included being informed by the Central Minnesota Council on Aging and the Cambridge ACT ACTion Team, the Sauk Rapids team was formed in 2014. Community sectors represented on the team include service club, health care, local government, education, business, nonprofit senior service provider, and community members.
Snapshot of Activities
- Presented to the City Council, informing council members of what ACT is and how our city is taking steps to become dementia friendly.
- Trained 125+ Dementia Friends, working in senior housing, assisted living, and living in the community. Students and teachers at the high school are also Dementia Friends.
- Participated in an Expo for Seniors in St. Cloud with this year’s theme of Dementia. Kim Campbell (Glen Campbell’s wife) was keynote speaker.
- Trained all managers and staff of Coborn’s Grocery in ACT’s Dementia Friendly @ Work; trained 60 employees.
- Developed and distributed “Know the 10 Signs” bookmarks containing community resource information. Created and disseminated “awareness cards” for caregivers and family members stating “Please be patient. I am with someone who has dementia.”
Resources, News and Events
To Stay Informed
In the News
Alzheimer's Group Hopes to Inspire With Glen Campbell Film
June 10, 2015, St. Cloud Times
Sauk Rapids receives grant to help with Alzheimer’s
September 5, 2014, St. Cloud Times
Action Community Team Contact