North Branch ACT on Alzheimer’s
Community Action Priorities
- Offered Powerful Tools for Caregivers and Dementia Friends Information Sessions
- Created dementia awareness business cards
- Hosted an ArtSage workshop
- Created Adult Daybreak program for persons with Alzheimer's/dementia
- Hosted a memory screening event
About Our ACT Community
Formed in 2014, the Chisago County Senior Center along with the Chisago County Public Health agency were the conveners of the ACT on Alzheimer’s Action Community in North Branch. Ecumen North Branch became the lead agency and made in-kind contributions in lieu of grant funding. In addition, Family Pathways Senior Services was a strong supporter of initiating the effort. The ACTion Team consists of these core organizations as well as representatives from law enforcement, the Mayor’s office, large business managers, and local health care agencies.
Snapshot of Activities
- The Chisago County Senior Center website is operating and serves as a hub for local community information.
- Created a Resource brochure, held Dementia Friends trainings and conducted Real Life Dementia Tours in partnership with the local SHIP (Statewide Health Improvement Program) group.
Resources, News and Events
In the News
Becoming Prepared, North Branch Working on Becoming an ACT on Alzheimer's Community
December 4, 2014, The Post Review
ArtSage Arts and Aging Workshop, September 28, 2015 (flyer)
Action Community Team Contact