ACT Sibley County
Our team will point to raising awareness and transforming attitudes about Alzheimer’s in Sibley County by implementing these goals from our community assessment work:
- Provide educational information about the signs and symptoms of dementia and the services and support groups available in Sibley County
- Help family caregivers through counseling resources and support groups
Reaching all areas of our county involved being aware of and responsive to the different interests and needs across the county, including using a cultural consultant to foster connections with diverse communities. In our community assessment work we conducted 141 interviews, including 25 with Hispanic community members.
About Our ACT Community
The Sibley County community includes the cities of Arlington, Gaylord, Gibbon, Green Isle, Henderson, New Auburn, and Winthrop. The ACTing on Alzheimer’s community engagement work of convening, assessing, and analyzing was done by dividing the county into three sections: east, central, and west. Because the City of Arlington has its own ACT effort, their group will eventually join the Sibley County team.
Snapshot of Activities (underway in 2017)
- Compile information for an educational booklet on Alzheimer’s/dementia, print it, and distribute to libraries, hospitals/clinics, nursing homes, and businesses
- Address financial planning after an Alzheimer’s diagnosis in the educational booklet and conduct a workshop on the topic
- Provide caregiver counseling and support groups in Sibley Count
- Have activities associated with the support groups and recognize participants’ accomplishments
Action Team Lead